The annual South Coast Hospice Tree of Light ceremony will be held at Southcoast Mall on Saturday (17.30 for 18.00).
The Tree of Light is an event practiced by Hospices across the world to symbolize a shining beacon of love and remembrance.
Community members are invited to make a pledge (form below) and hang their star in memory of a loved one.
Hospice will have a pledge table at the mall on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday morning from 8.30 to 13.00.
On Saturday, kids can meet Mother Christmas and a Fairy at the Wimpy entrance from 16.00 where parents can take photos and children will get a packet of sweets.
- 17.30: Community seated
- 17.45: Margate Pipe Band lead in children from the Wimpy entrance to the Food court areaa
- 18.00: Tree of Light 2018 starts
- Welcome by Emcee
- Thanks by Di van Dyk
- Prayer and Light the Candle (special guest)
- Draw for Cake, wine hamper, quilt raffles
- Tiny Town creche, day care and pre-school sing all things bright and beautiful
- Christmas Carols as per the Song Book on seats, please share
- Allison Keys to sing “Mary did you know”
- Everyone sing silent night. (Switch off lights)
- Allison Keys switches on the tree’s lights
- Photo Shoot for 10 minutes, pipers play closing song and main lights are switched on by BT King