The 2017 South Coast Bike Fest #SCBF – which is owned by UGU South Coast Tourism (Pty) Ltd – promises an incredible four days of fantastic entertainment and fun, boasting, three festival stages, eight festival-themed bars, eight corporate dealership deck, 22 on site restaurants, pubs and clubs as well as 35 of South Africa’s top bands from 27-30 April.
Organisers respectfully ask for understanding during the event which will require certain adjustments to the traffic flow. No car bars or drinking in public out of the event zone will be allowed.
Panorama Parade will become a one-way only system, operating from north to south from 24 April with an exit via Post Office Lane. Please note that Remington will be closed off to any vehicles wanting to turn left onto Panorama Parade and diverted via Finnis Road.
• From 8am on 24 April until 4pm on 1 May, Panorama Parade is a one-way system – traffic flow to run by entering at Steers and exiting up Post Office Lane.
• From 8am on 24 April until 4pm on 26 April, one lane of Panorama Parade will be open to all vehicles as a one-way system.
• Between 8am on 26 April and 4pm on 30 April, Panorama Parade will only be accessible by motorcycle vehicles or event permit holders. For event permit holders, access will be between the hours of 11pm and 8am only and any unauthorised vehicles within the site outside of these times will be towed.
On Sunday, 30 April from 10am there will be various road closures to accommodate the Shelly Centre Mass Parade which departs from Shelly Centre at 10.30am. The parade line-up and escort is available at www.southcoastbikefest.co.za or at the tourism information kiosk next to the Margate Tourism beach office. There will also be a Custom Bike Show taking place on William O’Connor Drive.
Permit Holding System
Between 11pm and 8am from 27 April to 30 April, vehicles with permits will be able to access Panorama Parade. These include:
1. Delivery vehicles for vendors trading at the event. Permits to be accessed by emailing email@example.com and collected from the #SCBF event team between 8am on 24 April and 4pm on 27 April at Sasol Garage, Marine Drive. Bring a driver’s licence and vehicle registration number for collection.
2. Local residents and business with access only via Marine Drive. Permits to be obtained before the event at the Margate Business Association by contacting Corrie on 039 317 2202. Please bring proof of residency.
3. Holiday letting customers with access only via Marine Drive. Permits to be obtained from the letting agent via the collection key box at Sasol Garage, Marine Drive.
To pre-register for the event, visit www.quicket.co.za.
Keep up to date on all the event happenings via:
Facebook: south coast bike fest