250 g butter — room temperature
125 ml sugar
15 ml golden syrup
15 ml instant coffee — dissolved
10 ml water — hot
30 ml milk
2,5 ml Robertson’s bicarbonate of soda
625 ml flour — cake
salt — just a pinch
125 ml sugar
60 ml milk
200 g butter
5 ml Robertson’s vanilla essence
Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line two large baking sheets with
baking paper and grease with nonstick spray.
1. Biscuits: Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
Add the golden syrup, coffee and milk mixture and beat until well combined.
2. Sift the flour and salt over the butter mixture and mix
with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. Cover with clingfilm and chill for at
least 15 minutes.
3. Roll the dough into walnut-size balls. Arrange on the
prepared baking sheets and use your fingers or a fork to flatten.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and done.
Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool
5. Filling: Heat the ingredients in a saucepan, stirring
continuously until all the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and Set
aside to cool for 10 minutes.
6. Beat the mixture with an electric beater until firm.
7. Sandwich the biscuits together: spread a little of the
filling on half the biscuits then press onto the remaining biscuits. Cool
completely and store in an airtight container.
Article written by: Food24
Photo credit: Food24