UGU SOUTH COAST TOURISM HAS NEVER GONE THIS BIG BEFORE –
and now is your chance to catch a piece of the action
Celebrating our awesome winter weather and the Sardine Festival (and holiday events), during June and July we are going BIG and running with the following campaigns which offer a prize per week per media partner:
That’s 21 prizes in total…. For:
- 3 x radio campaigns
- 1 x print/online campaign
- 1 x international photographic competition
Weekends away, mid-week stays, restaurant, gift and activity vouchers. And just about anything else you can think of to put you in the limelight.
And remember, whilst you may be offering sponsorships, just remember the `wrap around spend’ that comes with our visitors and rewards your generosity….
Here are the reasons why you need to be involved:
- ECR 6 week on-air and social media campaign. Prize driven competitions through pre-records, live reads and online – 1.7m listeners and over 2 000 000 web page impressions, 422 000 unique visitors per month. The competitions will also be promoted on various Facebook pages and through Twitter. Competition will be based on fast facts and info on the South Coast, in addition to promoting the events to encourage increased foot traffic during June and July. People will be encouraged to take Sardine Selfies at the events and post to our Facebook page. This will be a secondary way of entering the competition. This will culminate at the Portuguese Festival at the end of July with a live crossing. Minimum prize value R3g per prize – therefore packaging with fellow member offerings is ideal – we can assist with this, remember, every little bit counts, let’s make it juicy. 6 prizes required.
- Gagasi Radio 6 week on-air and social media campaign. Prize driven competitions through pre-records, live reads and online with morning and drive time show presenters challenging each other – 1.9 m listeners. The competitions will also be promoted on various Facebook pages and through Twitter. Competition will be drawing largely on activity based information and will include adrenalin junkie and other challenges between radio presenters and listeners, in addition to promoting the events to encourage increased foot traffic during June and July. No minimum prize value. 6 prizes required with one main prize for family/ group of 4 for minimum 5 nights.
- Mail&Guardian 30th Birthday celebrations 6 week online campaign. The Mail&Guardian has 1.8 million unique visitors number per month, has 306 000 Facebook likes and has 373 000 Twitter followers. Competition will consist of general knowledge type questions about the South Coast and answers can be found on our Facebook page and website. 6 prizes required – total value of prizes generated through Ugu South Coast Tourism and it’s members – R30 000).
- Metro FM prize contribution for TKZN’s Romantic Repertoire on air campaign. Over 6m listeners and 600 000 Facebook likes – 2 prizes only.
- World Shoot Out Photographic competition – the biggest underwater photo competition in the world (Besides the amazing opportunity of getting exclusive prize sponsorship rights to one of only 5 key categories, our motivation in doing this is that it is a very cost effective way to promote KZN’s South Coast to literally millions of people and outdoor enthusiasts worldwide, in one campaign. It is also a way to build our photo library and of course, develop film tourism (in order to enter the competition, one must visit the South Coast and shoot their entries here). No-one else in Africa is offering a prize so this is putting the South Coast very firmly on the global map of dive destinations and outdoor fun. The winners will be announced at Das Boot in Germany in January 2016 and televised live across many media platforms in Europe and beyond and online tv.
This is your chance to hit the big audiences – so jump in now! Every little bit counts. We already have 10 prizes secured – and that’s without even asking. Your logo and a hyperlink to your company will be put online and mentions of prize sponsors will happen throughout broadcasts and promotions.
And a big thank you to Tourism KZN (TKZN) for partnering with us on the ECR and Gagasi radio campaigns, whom, without their support, these would just not be made possible.
And lastly but certainly not least – a big shout out to the Sharks Board for also partnering with us – not only for the hotline, but also for contributing towards print costs of the 20 000 glossy event pamphlets being distributed for the Sardine Festival.
Please email Nikki asap on firstname.lastname@example.org – please treat as urgent.
We look forward to hearing from you.
#gottolovekzn and #sardinefest
Submitted by: Nikki Tilley, Marketing and Events email@example.com
Q4 S/O 5.23