There are as a rule, not a wide variety of uses for radishes, but combined with less sharply flavoured ingredients, they can be a terrific way to liven up your summer salad repertoire.
- 125g SPAR diced bacon (1/2 a pack)
- 150g tray SPAR Freshline radishes
- ¼ SPAR Freshline cucumber
- 15ml redcurrant jelly
- 100ml SPAR bacon flavoured Mayo
- Dry-fry or microwave the bacon until very crisp and well browned. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the rinsed and unpeeled radishes and cucumber into paper-thin slices and toss together.
- Combine the redcurrant jelly and mayonnaise in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Scatter the bacon over the vegetables, and pour over the dressing as required. Serve soon.
Hints and Tips
Using the slicing blade in a food processor, and feeding the radishes and cucumber through the chute onto the spinning blade, helps complete the slicing work beautifully and evenly in just 1 minute!
Only add the dressing at serving time so the enjoyment of the crunchy vegetables is ensured.