Wonderfully sweet and buttery, vanilla cupcakes are easy to make and particularly luscious with lemon icing on top. Follow this easy recipe to achieve perfect cupcakes every time.
1 ½ cups flour
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup milk
½ cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat well until smooth and creamy.
- Place paper cups into muffin tin and fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180° C.
- Cream together 125g margarine and 125g icing sugar.
- Add two tablespoons of milk and mix well.
- Add cocoa or food colouring.