You will need a lined 1kg loaf tin.
4 medium eggs
8-10 shots of your favourite gin
Dash of tonic water
150g granulated sugar
Weigh the eggs, then measure these ingredients to the same weight:
Self raising flour
Preheat the oven to 180 c
1. In a mixing bowl add the caster sugar and butter, cream together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs in and beat the mixture until combined.
3. Sieve in the flour and add the zest of both lemons and mix.
4. Next add 3-4 shots of gin and the juice of one lemon, stir mixture until smooth.
5. Pour into the 1kg lined loaf tin and place in the middle of oven for 35 – 40 minutes, or until the cake passes the knife test.
6. Place on a cooling rack.
7. Mix the remainder of the gin, granulated sugar, tonic and the juice from the second lemon in a bowl until you have a consistent mixture.
8. Prick the surface of the cake with a fork.
9. Pour the mixture over the cake and allow to soak in.
10. Enjoy your delicious cake!