The annual South Coast Hospice Tree of Light ceremony will be held at Southcoast Mall on Saturday (17.30 for 18.00).
The Tree of Light is an event practiced by Hospices across the world to symbolize a shining beacon of love and remembrance.
Community members are invited to make a pledge (form below) and hang their star in memory of a loved one.
Chairs and tables will be provided and refreshments will be available at the food outlets.
Venue : Southcoast Mall, food court area
Emcee : Scott Scot
Lighting of Tree : Sue Mardell
What is available : Pledge tables, stars to be put on tree, assisted by dedicated staff members placing stars on tree, Bead angels at R10 each for IPU Ward fees.
- 17H15 children congregate at the Checkers entrance with the Pipe Band
- Proceed under Pipers to the Food Court area
Pipers, Nativity children, Port Edward Primary choir and any community children
- Pipers will play 2 songs
- Emcee will welcome the community and guests.
- Diane Van Dyk to talk about Hospice and explain about the Candle of Remembrance Ceremony.
- A candle will be lit for all the children in the world.
- Port Edward School to do their Nativity Play
- Cake Raffle Draw, Hamper Draw
- Port Edward School Choir to sing their Christmas Carols, choir to help the community to sing Christmas Carols from the overhead projectors
- Sue Mardell to switch on the lights
- Choir and community to sing Silent Night
- Darryl King to assist Sue Mardell with tree lights to be switched on
- Photo session etc
- Piper to play Auld Lang Zine
- Centre Light switch on
MUGG & BEAN, OCEAN BASKET, MOJO’S RESTAURANT AND MILKY LANE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS. CENTRE TOILET FACILITIES AVAILABLE.