The coastal town of Margate, positioned on the gorgeous KwaZulu-Natal South Coast, will once again play host to Africa’s premier motorcycle enthusiast and music festival – South Coast Bike Fest™.
This popular annual event – presented by Ugu South Coast Tourism with endorsement and support from Ray Nkonyeni Municipality and Ugu District – will take place across Margate Beach promenade from 26 to 28 April.
“South Coast Bike Fest™ 2019 (#SCBF19) is set to be bigger and better than previous years with a full programme line-up that includes great music, incredible stunts, extreme sports, food and drinks,” said Vicky Wentzel, event organiser.
“All the action will be taking place along the palm-fringed beachfront boulevard within beautiful coastal town of Margate, and we’ve ensured a really diverse festival programme that caters to all tastes.”
Visitors to the South Coast Bike Fest™ 2019 can look forward to, among other things:
· Entertainment at the Main Beach Stage and Village Pier Rock Stage
· 6 Beachfront Boulevard-Themed Bars
· Street Busking Entertainment
· Demo Rides
· Village Market and Expo Zones
· Stunt Shows
· Food Courts
· EnduroX Staging Arenas
· 9 On-site Restaurants and Pubs
· The Mass Ride
The festival destination is the perfect day-trip from Joburg – under 700km – on safe biking roads. Many of the biking community stay over in the Midlands as a way to break the trip, and there are a number of accommodation venues close to the festival precinct. Simply email [email protected] indicating your preferences, the number of friends and family joining, and accommodation will be sourced!
Bikers and pillions wanting to access any of the bars or stages (Main Beach Stage, Village Pier Rock Stage, Energy Zone, Reggae Bar and Jazz Bar) must pre-register online (www.southcoastbikefest.co.za) and purchase a South Coast Bike Fest 2019 pin for R35. Bikers and pillions will need to purchase a pin each.
Bikers must be accompanied by their pillion to collect the pre-purchased pin at the Sasol Garage, Margate – bike licences must be shown.
The full music line-up will be announced early in 2019. Vendor applications have opened and anyone wishing to be involved in #SCB19 can contact Vicky Wentzel at [email protected] or call 082 812 7944.
Ticket prices for #SCBF19 are:
· VIP 3-day pass which includes full event access plus Golden Circle & VIP Pool Bar – R450
· VIP day pass which includes full event access plus Golden Circle & VIP Pool Bar – R150
· 3-day pedestrian pass – R200
· Daily pedestrian pass – R80
· 3-day pedestrian pass (4 to 12 Years, accompanied by parents) – R100
· Daily pedestrian pass (4 to 12 Years, accompanied by parents) – R40
· Children under 4 years – free
· 3-day pensioners’ pass – R180
· Daily pensioners’ pass – R60
Book your tickets now at www.southcoastbikefest.co.za
Check out all the #SCBF19 action on:
Facebook: south coast bike fest
To stay abreast with UGU South Coast Tourism news visit:
Photo by Justin Klusener