STATEMENT BY RAY NKONYENI MUNICIPALITY:
The Ray Nkonyeni Municipality has put a clear plan for the lockdown to ensure its effectiveness.
The Municipality will do the following:
- Refuse collection will be collected as per the usual schedule. RNM citizens are urged to take refuse out on the day of collection within your area and if you missed it please wait for the next run;
- Fire and Rescue services will be available and will not be interrupted;
- Law Enforcement Officers will be working the normal hours during this period;
- Street cleaning will be done on strategic areas and only twice a week
- All non-essential services will be suspended during this period and therefore other public/community services centers and facilities will be closed (these include Beaches, Swimming Pools, Parks, Halls, Licensing Centre, Payment centers, All Municipal Offices, etc.);
- The Municipal Emergency number 039-682 5555 will remain operational
During this period of Nation-wide Lockdown which is 21 days, from midnight of 26 March 2020 to 16 April 2020 it is however important that everyone continue to follow the necessary precautions to contain the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds or use at least 60% alcohol-based sanitizer;
- Keep household surfaces clean; use soapy water on door knobs, light switches, fridges and microwave doors, toilet handles and table tops where you cook and eat;
- Avoid touching your face frequently and not having washed or sanitized your hands; wash your hands first if you’re about to eat, fix your makeup, play with the baby, etc.
- Clean your phone with an alcohol wipe or microfiber cloth. Your smartphone carries more germs than a toilet seat! The glass and metal in your phone make it the perfect environment for coronavirus to live on.
The success in fighting COVID-19 relies on the effort and energies of every citizen and their commitment to help and assist others.
For more information on COVID-19 you can use the Tollfree number 0800 029 999 or go to www.nicd.ac.za and you can also stay informed on #COVID-19 by joining the WhatsApp support for South Africans by sending “Hi” to 0600 123 456 or go to www.sacoronavirus.co.za