South Coast Hospice will host its annual Tree of Light ceremony at the Southcoast Mall this Saturday at 6pm.
This is a long-standing tradition amongst many Hospices around the world as communities come together recognising that the festive season, despite its cheer, is not so jolly for those who have lost loved ones.
This year, South Coast Hospice has again focussed on stars as a symbol of light and love. This is an opportunity for the community to come together in remembrance and celebrate the lives of their loved ones.
Make a pledge for the Tree of Light in memory of a loved one and help Hospice continue the work of quality care and support for people in their programmes.
Contact BT King on 082 728 0233 or Joy Moodley on 079 309 2874 for any further information or visit the Hospice table at the Southcoast Mall on Wednesday and Saturday.
SOUTH COAST HOSPICE TREE OF LIGHT PROGRAMME:
(VENUE: FOOD COURT, SOUTHCOAST MALL)
08H30: Pledge table in front of Haskins Jewellers (until 13H00)
09H00-19H00: Gift Wrapping at the entrance of Food Lovers Market
10H00: Margate Pipe Band “Flash Mob” gather at the table
13H00: Pledge table moves to the Food Court Area – in front of the water fountain
17H45: Children gather at the Wimpy entrance and proceed to the Food Court Area to join the Pipers
- Bible reading, word of inspiration and prayer, followed by the lighting of candles
- Welcome and explanation of the Tree of Light
- Tiny Town children sing (with community participation)
- Vote of thanks
- Cake Raffle Draw
- Preparation for the lighting of the tree with Hospice staff and special guest
- Everyone joins in song – 1 verse of Silent Night and 1 verse of Stille Nag
- Countdown from 10 to 0
- Guest switches on tree light
- Photo Shoot (5 minutes)
- Margate Pipe Band playing Auld Lang Sein