San Lameer Country Club will be hosting the Pro Deo Par 3 Sundowner Challenge in partnership with Round Table Margate on Friday, 4 December.
The Pro Deo Care Group is an inter-church, non-profit charity organization with NPO registration. This Group functions with a dedicated group of volunteers, who renders various services to the aged, disabled and cancer sufferers on the South Coast of KZN – from Port Shepstone to Port Edward. Their services will shortly be expanded to the Durban South area.
The goodwill and support from individuals and businesses in various fundraising events over the past 23 years enabled Pro Deo to sustain these services despite a growing need in the community, which escalates from year to year. The funds raised are well spent, amongst others, to:
- Acquire supportive equipment (walking frames, wheelchairs, bath chairs, toilet raisers)
- Render monthly pamper and weekly cancer clinics in Port Shepstone, Margate and Port Edward
- Render home-based care that varies from a few hours a week to a 24/7 service.
- Acquire and distribute adult nappies for incontinence and to improve mobilisation and independence
- Donate to and support the local branches of Hospice and the CANSA.
- All donations are tax deductible
- Sponsor a hole for only R 500
- Donate prizes for the players
- Make financial donations
- Buy hamper tickets
- Enter a team of players to play in this par 3 better ball Stableford
The format is betterball stableford and entry is R200 per player including a cart.
Family and friends are welcome to join the players after the golf for a Braai Buffet and live entertainment @ only R100 per person.
Golf bookings: Pro shop at the San Lameer Country Club (Tel: 039 313 5141)
Sponsorships: Henk, Round Table: 082 785 5512; Willie, Roundtable: 082 870 6674; Henda Pro Deo: 082 7776502; Eloïse Pro Deo: 082 822 6661.
Photo by Justin Klusener Photography