Shelly Centre Bomb Scare

Share the news!!!

Share on facebook
Share on whatsapp
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on email

The Shelly Centre has been declared safe after a bomb scare earlier on Sunday.   Responding to an eHowzit inquiry, SAPS spokesperson Luitenant-Colonel Zandra Wiid confirmed that police and emergency service specialists had swept the centre, and found no explosives.   She said that by late afternoon, all activities had returned to normal.

She also confirmed that the manager of Edgars in the centre received a call earlier in the day, and was told that there was a bomb in the store.  They contacted the police, and the necessary was done while the centre was closed to the public.  However, late in the afternoon it was reopened and business was conducted as usual.

Leave a Reply