As the festive season is near, stockvel members will divide their hard-earned cash that they have been saving for the year.
We would like to warn them to be always be cautious and to consider safer options like depositing money into bank accounts.
People are being robbed of their cash or even killed, a warning has been issued to prevent such incidents in future.
Below are the tips that will help minimise the chances of being the victim of robberies:
TIPS TO AVOID BEING A VICTIM OF CASH ROBBERIES
- Alternate the days and times on which you deposit cash
- Refrain from making cash deposits
- Never make your bank visits public, even to people close to you
- Do not openly display the money you are depositing while you are standing in the bank queue
- Avoid carrying money bags, briefcases or openly displaying your deposit receipt book
- It’s advisable to identify another branch nearby that you can visit to ensure that your banking pattern is not easily recognizable or detected